THIS IS WHAT YOU GET
Rather than arbitrarily comparing solutions, SECUROSYS looked at various attack vectors and failure modes, and explored how different approaches help custodians defend against and prevent such events. The types of vulnerabilities SECUROSYS analyzed are:
- Physical access to the key material;
- Unauthorized operations with the keys allowing the attacker to sign asset withdrawal transactions;
- Randomization algorithm weakness, which could be exploited to compute what should be an unguessable key;
- Calculation of private key data from its respective public key (something currently prevented by design of the asymmetric cryptography, but potentially feasible with future quantum computing);
- Hardware failure leading to a loss of private key material.